Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Few Notes Before Renconvening

AP Students! Hope You've Enjoyed Your (Seemingly) Two Months Off!




A few notes:
1. I sent grade reports via email today. Email me if you did not receive your report (mrmalley04@yahoo.com). I do not have an email for Monique, Franceska, Sara, or Katrina.
2. If you find an error on your grade report, bring it tomorrow and I'll rectify that error.
3. Make sure you have your writing assignment for tomorrow. We will be using your commentaries to drive class discussion of the book. Be prepared or be chastised.
4. Some of you owe me $ for Invisisble Man. I need it as soon as possible. I found my list and my envelope.
5. Grade reports do not include poetry professor presentation grades. I had problems exporting on the last day of school. If I waited for the film to export, I would have been in school until yesterday (hyperbole). I shall rewatch and score them and resend reports by Wednesday night.
6. We do not have school on Wednesday, and I can't remember if Tuesday is a 11 or 12 dismissal, so I can't remember if we have class. So, I've amended the PP schedule for this week. Due to poem length, these are slightly out of order:

  • Thursday - Naiem B. ("Ulysses"), Savaun B. ("Miniver Cheevy")
  • Friday - Christy ("My Last Duchess"), Augustine ("The Magi")
7. I will be offering substantial extra credit work over the next few weeks. This extra credit will be past exam essay questions (maybe a bit o' multiple choice too). I'm going to offer a lot of assignments, but only give out a smidge of credit for each task completed. You will be able to really bump up your grade (and practice), but you'll have to work pretty hard and balance the rest of your assignments.
8. You must finish Invisible Man by April 145th. Two weeks. Two hundred plus pages.

See you tomorrow.