Monday, January 14, 2008

The Awakening Reading Schedule

Hello folks. We've got Regents week next week and then a truncated week following that one (half day and superintendent's day). The Awakening is a short, relatively modern book and I'm going to expect you to knock off big chunks of it in your time off.

Here's the schedule:
By Monday, January 28th - Chapters 1-27
By Monday, February 4th - Chapters 28-the end

Now, in addition to reading the book, I want you to do the following for 1/28:

  • annotate your novel. I want to see questions. I want to see observations. I want to see elements noted and techniques underlined.
  • Write one 1.5-2 page informal response. This response should explore something you feel in the novel that you feel is important or noteworthy. Feel free to focus on a theme, symbol, character, relationship, etc. Feel free to use "I" and "I think." Feel free to be yourself and write in a casual tone. Have some fun with it.