Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A&P Discussion Area

As you know, I'm not in school today. I'll be back tomorrow, and we are going to start discussing elements related to Frankenstein. I'd really like to give "A&P" some more discussion time. So, while you're at school, and I'm at home, we're going to do a little discussing.

Let's start with three big questions, and we'll see where it goes from there.

  • What kind of person is Sammy? How do you know?
  • Is the setting of this story important? What is worth commenting on?
  • Why did Updike write "A&P"? What was he trying to say about society, the 1960's, or human nature? Post your thoughts, and I'll be responding from 9:20-10.
  • Feel free to pose questions to your classmates and myself.

- Mr. Malley


P.S. Oh yeah, click on the comments link right below this post and if you do not have a Google/Blogger account, then post under the anonymous option and put your 1st name last initial after your thoughts.